Mini-LED is a new display technology that has much more improved contrast ratios, deeper blacks, brightness, and color accuracy compared or regular LCD panels. Mini-LEDs are significantly smaller than regular LEDs. Diodes that are smaller than 0.2mm are classes Mini-LED. Apple was the first company to be rumored to use Mini-LEDs for their Macbooks, iPads, and iMacs and everybody thought they’d be the first one to do it but they got beaten by MSI. MSI is the first company to use a Mini-LED screen on their laptop and it’s amazing.
The MSI Creator 17
The MSI Creator 17 is the first laptop ever to feature a Mini-LED display and it’s awesome. The display can get crazy bright. The maximum brightness for the screen is 1,000nits, has a 100,000:1 contrast ratio, and features local dimming with 240 zones. The display has a 100% sRGB color accuracy and 91% AdobeRGB color accuracy which is amazing. Although, the refresh rate is not very high. It’s a regular 60fps screen.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-10875h (16M cache, up to 5.10Ghz)
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ With Max-Q Design, 8GB GDDR6
- Display: 17.3″ UHD (3840×2160), MiniLED, HDR 1000, 60Hz, IPS-Level
- Memory: up to 64GB DDR4 3200MHz
- Battery: 82Whr
- I/O: Ethernet port, Micro SD card reader, HDMI 2.0, 2x USB Type-C Gen 2, 3x USB Type-A 3.2
- Price: from $1,799