The Asus TUF A15 is an entry-level budget-friendly gaming laptop that blends AMD components with the Nvidia graphics card. The Asus TUF A15 uses the new AMD CPUs and RTX 2060 which provides gamers loads of horsepower at an affordable price. The 144Hz display makes video games look so much better and fluid. The TUF A15 is available in two different designs: fortress gray which is a cleaner metal design and bonfire black, which is entirely made of plastic. The device comes in 3 different configurations with different internals and specifications.
- Processor: up to AMD® Ryzen™ 9 4900H Processor
- Graphics: up to NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060, with 6GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Display: 15.6″ FHD 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel
- Memory: up to 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
- I/O: 2x Type-A USB 3.2 Gen1, 1x Type-C USB 3.2 Gen2, 1x Type-A USB2.0, 1x RJ45, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x Combo Audio Jack
- Battery: up to 99Whr
- Price: from $999
The Asus TUF A15 comes in 3 different configurations. The FA506II model comes with the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4GB of VRAM, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and a 48Whr battery. The second model which is FA506IU comes with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with 6GB of VRAM, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and a bigger 90Whr battery. The third configuration which FA506IV comes with AMD Ryzen 7 4700H Processor, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB of VRAM, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and a 48Whr battery.
Although the display on the A15 has thin bezels and a high refresh rate, it’s not color accurate. The display covers only 64% of sRGB, and 48% of AdobeRGB, which doesn’t make the TUF A15 an ideal choice for content creators. The battery on the FA506IV model has a larger battery instead of a 2.5″ drive bay. Asus claims the battery keeps the Gaming A15 powered for up to 8.7 hours of web surfing and 12.3 hours of video playback. The TUF A15 delivers solid performance for its price point, but due to the grill design, the machine gets hot and loud under load.
Gaming Benchmarks (Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Ultra, 1080p): 39fps
- Battlefield V (Ultra, 1080p): 83fps
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Highest, 1080p): 78fps
- Apex Legends (Maximum, 1080p): 117fps
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Maximum, 1080p): 75fps
- Borderlands 3 (Badass, 1080p): 52fps
- Fortnite (Epic, 1080p): 121fps
- The Division 2 (Ultra, 1080p): 62fps
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (Ultra high, 1080p): 46fps
- The Witcher 3 (Ultra, 1080p): 81fps
- Far Cry: New Dawn (Ultra, 1080p): 73fps